The Tooth Story : Maybe your story

I'll tell you a story , not a story for sympathy but of strength. Few days back I was on a mission a mission to fill a void , nothing poetic , I am talking about the gap between my upper jaw's incisors. I consulted dentists , they all mentioned either painful or expensive procedures ( again a social pun) , to ensure , that I smiled my heart out ,for once , not worrying about how it looked. No it's not a large gap , but large enough for few educated people to say ," Is that tooth broken ?" So , I went to my parents and told them I want to go for it. They refused , nothing to do with the process but with me.

To my utter surprise , my mother appreciated me for being more confident and unbothered while my face was stuffed with acne , I'd stood on stages , given speeches , danced and did everything , ignoring the fact that when I spoke my first word on podium or anywhere , even the highest of the authorities made me believe that your acne shouts louder than you , how can you not hear that , not verbally ofcourse but gestures do a little more I guess. Yes, I have acne too , earlier we had a strong bond but these days my dermatologist is separating us apart. Now you would think , if I am not at all bothered with my acne why am I having a treatment ? It's hormonal acne , so I'd prefer not to mess with the chemical messengers in order to prove y'all the things that shouldn't be proven in the first place.

Often there came a moment when I felt more confident and beautiful about my imperfections , I don't know what imperfections mean , I don't know what is perfect , but as they say. I've addressed women using these inbuilt existing processes of my body, as a factor for them , to come forward as superior . I've seen men , teasing me for the same. Although now I see all of them posting body positivity quotes on their feeds , which honestly, give me a reason to have a contempt smile or simply said , disgusted smile.

I won't preach anything , I won't state what is right or wrong , I am no one to do that. I know we've all been in that state of mind , for once in our lives. I personally had a 7 year package , full of such feelings. Maybe that's the logic behind me never being the reason for someone to feel that way. Yes , that's all we can do , not become the reason for someone to believe that they are not a perfect fit. It's funny how millions of one's essences are destroyed by that one moment of disgusted stare from someone. I don't know what has made us so insensitive or say dumb , that we possibly try to belittle everybody in different ways to gain supremecy in any way.

So back to what my parents said , they told me, if there is something that matters is what you as a person can do , your actions should not be directed by the fouls , all these years you've been so happy with whatever God has blessed you with in this body , then why this ? If you're seeking perfection, then we can give you a list of physical imperfections you have , are you ready to mend them all ? And then will you please let us know how perfect you feel . We're not saying this as your parents but individuals who've always given more importance to what a person is talking about and not to who the person is . And definitely whatever a person says or believes states the being of him/her and not how they exist while saying things.

Fun Fact : one of the dentists I consulted online asked me , " are these your milk teeth ?" I wanted to tell him that sir please do not flush all those moments that made me the person I am today in such a small question, it has been a long journey that I travelled in these few years. 

If you have something to share about your life , I'm here.

© Kashish Saxena 

Comments

  1. This is such an inspiring story kashish, more to gooo, more power to you❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support , means a lot 🥺❤️

      Delete
  2. The way you explain the things Kashish were too good ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support , I am glad you liked it, means a lot 🥺❤️

      Delete
  3. Proud of you❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your constant support , means a lot 🥺❤️

      Delete
  4. Wonderful story kashish...you rock 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just beyond amazing love ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your constant support, you're awesome ❤️

      Delete
  6. Areeba Adeeb22.5.21

    This somehow regained my confidence on my smile and teeth cuz for several years i used to be conscious of my smile cuz my teeth seemed a bit protruded (not so much) just people around me let me believe that i should have braces to get it fixed..i went to the dentist for braces to better my teeth but my father was quite upset that I was asking for braces which were hell expensive and also my teeth seemed fine to him.. so i just decided to accept my smile and my slightly protruded teeth and i love them.. acceptance takes a long time and I'm still accepting it everyday.. loving it everyday. Thank you for sharing your experience ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm glad you did this ! More power to you beautiful ❤️

      Delete
  7. Tanishq sahu22.5.21

    Wow ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I also faced these stages but now I love myself as I am (beautiful and confident)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit! More power to you ! And thank you so much ❤️

      Delete
  9. THIS IS SO INSPIRING ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kritika 🥺❤️

      Delete
  10. I also faced the same situation..infact one of my front tooth broken after my marriage 😄but I m happy with my cheesy smile😄 nice story dear.. keep it up👏🏻 Proud of you❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much mami ❤️❤️

      Delete
    2. Interesting and inspiring one dear with that lovely smiling pic of you 😍👍

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much 🥺❤️

      Delete
  11. Your writing shows how confident and strong you are, and yes you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, means a lot 🥺❤️

      Delete
    2. Always be this confident. its your pen and thoughts that makes you more beautiful.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much 🥺🥰

      Delete
  12. Milli24.5.21

    Such a positive way to reframe perspective ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Milli for your constant support means a lot 🥺❤️

      Delete
  13. Your website is really good .
    The content of your stories, the things you share
    Everything is nice
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am glad you liked it ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts